Standard filter are not able to provide very fine filtration of 1 micron or lesser is required. In such cases precoat filter is used. Precoating is a process of adding a graded powder to form a layer on the standard filter media. The layer provides a larger surface area which in turn increases the dirt holding capacity. It also generates a toroidal path for the fluid, thereby entrapping the finer particles.
• Precoat powder is added in controlled measure based on your application.
• Clean fluid is supplied to the machine after the precoating cycle is complete.
• A separate clean tank provides clean fluid to your machine while the indexing process is going on.
• Dirty fluid is fed under pressure in to inlet manifold. It is distributed equally in plates. Filter papers clamped & supported between plates separate the dirt & form a layer (cake). This effects finer filtration. Differential pressure is monitored in inlet and outlet manifold. At a preset level, the indexing cycle starts. First the inlet actuated valve is closed. Compressed air is pushed in the inlet manifold to remove the fluid inside the plates. This also purges the filter cake and makes it dry. Then with help of hydraulic or pneumatic cylinders the top plate is opened. A geared drive moves the belt which is supporting the filter cake. Once the complete filter cake is pulled out, the top plate closes and inlet actuated valve is opened. Normal filtration process begins again.
Features & Benefits :
• Suitable for very fine filtration.
• Can be used with disposable and back-washable media.
• Filtration capacity: 100 l/min to 3000 l/min – used in series for larger filtration rates.
• Totally automatic operation.
• Compact Design.
• Can be customized to suit your requirement.